Saturday, August 2, 2014

Teacher Toolbox Anniversary & Makeover!! {Plus, Link Up Your Own!!}

3 years ago today, I shared a post about the Teacher Toolbox I created to use in my classroom. From there (thanks to Pinterest), Teacher Toolboxes took off and are now EVERYWHERE!!!!
{Terrible iPhone Pic!}

Over the past three years, it has been so wonderful to see so many teachers create and enjoy their own Teacher Toolboxes!! I have seen so many amazing variations on what started out as simple idea. I know that mine came in handy, as I ditched my teacher desk and needed a place to store all my very-much-needed teacher supplies!!

When I realized yesterday that it was the 3-Year Anniversary of the Teacher Toolbox, I thought the best way to celebrate would be to give my original toolbox a bit of a makeover. My classroom colors and style have changed in 3 years, so I thought I would bring the ol' toolbox up to date!
{Still taking terrible iPhone pics!!!}

For my latest toolbox I used a Herringbone background from Sonya Dehart Design, one of my favorite kg fonts, Strawberry Limeade, and an adorable border from Lovin Lit. I printed the labels on cardstock, cut, and taped them in, simply using invisible tape. To top it off, I used Washi Tape to add to the fun!! {My new Washi Tape Dispenser from Michael's sure came in handy!!}
If you would like a copy of the labels to make your very own Teacher Toolbox visit my TpT Store to grab this freebie!!
I can't wait to see 3 more years of Teacher Toolboxes creations!!!

Share your Teacher Toolbox on Instagram with the hashtag #3yearsofteachertoolboxes

Please share a link to your own Teacher Toolbox {New or Old!!!}

2 comments:

  1. That is so CUTE! I'm thinking I may have to update mine:)
    Thanks for sharing -
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your updated version! Thank you for sharing it! Ummm they make washi tape holders?!?! Time to go shopping :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete