Monday, August 11, 2014

Meet the Teacher Blogger {Linky Party}

Before I get started, I have to thank Designs By Tenille for my beautiful new blog design. She just finished it yesterday and I am absolutely in love with it!!!

Back-to-School time is the perfect time to get to know all of your favorite teacher bloggers! What better way to meet so many wonderful teachers, than at a {linky} party. Stephanie at Falling Into First is having a Meet the Teacher Blogger Linky Party. So, I thought I would join in the fun and share a little bit about me!!


So, here it goes...

I am a 30-something {30s, when did that happen??!!} wife, mommy, and teacher in Southern California. I am married to the best man a girl could ask for. My husband is a 5th grade teacher, so we share the same schedule, and get to spend a lot of time together!! I love it!!! We have 2 beautiful little {well, one not so little} girlies. Our oldest is 11 and will be starting middle school next week!!! I am freaking out, just a little bit! Our youngest is 3, and we are currently trying to survive these crazy toddler years. We know sanity is just around the corner!


I am starting my 10th year of teaching. I have been in 4 grades and at 3 schools in the last 10 years. However, I am about to start my 5th consecutive year in 4th grade, in the same classroom, at the same school. {Although, it looks like a split is in the works for this year!! OMG!!!}

Stephanie put together a great Q & A Session for teachers to share a bit about themselves!! Have a little read, then join in the fun yourself!!


THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

My morning cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer. In these final days of summer, I sneak downstairs before my kids wakeup and drink a cup, in the peace and quiet of my living room! One of the best parts of my day!!
Right now, here is a collection of my happy things...
Is it terrible, that most of my favs are possessions?! I guess "things" implies possessions!

IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

Probably a designer of some sort, I love designing and creating things!

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Friendly, determined, and to be honest, I have also been called neurotic from time to time {although, I prefer to think of myself as ENTHUSIASTIC!}

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"I absolutely love it when my students start taking things out of their desks before I finish giving directions," said no teacher ever!! 

{This is my biggest pet peeve, and I tell my students this at the beginning of every year, in hopes to keep it from happening... it still does!}

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Jennifer Lawrence. She just seems like a kick!!!

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

The Girl Who Thought Too Much
{I can never seem to turn my brain off!!}

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?

I would love to have the ability to clone myself. There are never enough hours in the day to do all the things I'd like to do and to do all the things that need to be done!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

I have two faves! "It is what it is." and "You live, you learn." These are the words I hear come out of my mouth all the time, at home and at school.

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

Probably something by the Beatles... too many to choose just one!

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

I used to be a total Night Owl, but now I am neither. It's always too hard getting up and going early in the morning, but after a long day of teaching, with a three-year-old at home, I'm out at the end of the day!! 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

I am loving my Reading Portfolios right now!! I just put them together for the year and they look great and I know they are going to be such a hit with my book-loving kiddos!

Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU!

I wasn't the best student in school. I was unmotivated and a bit of a troublemaker. It wasn't until 10th grade that I realized how much I loved to read, learn, and be successful! So glad I figured it out when I did!

Thanks for stopping by!! Head on over to Falling Into First, to join in on the sharing!! 

9 comments:

  1. Love the new design!! So pretty! Cloning yourself - that's a good one! I want to do it all, but I just can't!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blog design has become one of my favorites.It must be sooo amazing for you and your husband to BOTH be off when the kids are off! How much fun family time is that!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog design is so pretty!! Very good choice! You are so lucky to be in one grade and school for so long I am hoping my new job this year is the start of a life time school for myself! It was nice to get to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new blog design is beautiful! I can't imagine the productivity if teachers could clone themselves!!!
    Emer
    A Crucial Week

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is also a teacher and it's amazing having the same schedule!! except we are at different districts and sometimes our schedules are the same. Especially Snow Days!

    Sami @ Live & Learn: The Seibert Way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new design! I have the same problem of thinking too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I'm with you and the always running brain. Maybe the ability to turn the brain off could be a superpower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved getting to know more about you. I've moved schools and classrooms a ton too. Three schools, three grades, and two states in 7 years. I'm starting a new school this upcoming year and I can't wait to put down roots and stay awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The served mass produced filet, which was good because it was not served medium well as seems to occur often at large events, but it had a charred smoky flavor that didn't seem to fit with such a delicate cut of meat.
    best party hotel nyc

    ReplyDelete